[CDHC] NURP funding opportunity

Cheryl Woodley Cheryl.Woodley at noaa.gov
Thu Jul 10 09:01:19 EDT 2003

Dear CDHC Members,
I would like to make you aware of a request for pre-proposals for coral
work in Hawaii.  I have pasted the announcement below.

Cheryl

CY 2004 and CY2005 Funding Opportunity for Coral Reef Ecosystems
Research:

The Hawaii Undersea Research Laboratory, one of NOAA's Undersea Research
Program Centers is presently soliciting research proposals for coral
reef
ecosystem resarch for CY2004 and CY2005.

Regions of Interest:

     The waters of the Main and Northwest Hawaiian Islands, and the U.S.
Territories and Freely-Associated States of the Western Pacific
     American Flag Southwest Pacific waters, including American Samoa.

This funding opportunity is part of the NOAA Coral Reef Conservation
Program (NCRCP) and is  for research projects that address the following
priority
research needs for the regions of interest: overfishing, pollution,
invasive species, and coral bleaching, and the impact of these stressors
on coral reef ecosystems.
The evaluation of managment effectiveness is also encouraged.

The request for pre-proposals full announcement is attached and can also
be found on the web at  http://www.soest.hawaii.edu/HURL/hurl.html

Pre-proposals are due to HURL by August 4, 2003.

For any further information regarding this opportunity, please contact
Dr. Ed Myers at hurl at hawaii.edu, 808-956-6859.