[CDHC] announcing new paper by CDHC member

Cheryl Woodley cheryl.woodley at noaa.gov
Thu Nov 13 18:46:22 EST 2008

Hi CDHC List,
I came across a new paper from CDHC members and that I thought may be of
interest.

I'd encourage any of you with new publications to post the citation and
point of contact to the CDHC List.
Best Regards
Cheryl

Dis Aquat Organ. 2008 Sep 24;81(3):255-9.

    *Newly characterized distinct phases of the coral disease
    'atramentous necrosis' on the Great Barrier Reef.*

    *Anthony SL*
    <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=Search&Term=%22Anthony%20SL%22%5BAuthor%5D&itool=Email.EmailReport.Pubmed_ReportSelector.Pubmed_HVAbstract>,
    *Page CA*
    <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=Search&Term=%22Page%20CA%22%5BAuthor%5D&itool=Email.EmailReport.Pubmed_ReportSelector.Pubmed_HVAbstract>,
    *Bourne DG*
    <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=Search&Term=%22Bourne%20DG%22%5BAuthor%5D&itool=Email.EmailReport.Pubmed_ReportSelector.Pubmed_HVAbstract>,
    *Willis BL*
    <http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&Cmd=Search&Term=%22Willis%20BL%22%5BAuthor%5D&itool=Email.EmailReport.Pubmed_ReportSelector.Pubmed_HVAbstract>.

    ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies, School of Marine
    and Tropical Biology, James Cook University, Townsville, Queensland
    4811, Australia. shelley.anthony at jcu.edu.au

    Previously undetected earlier phases of the coral disease
    'atramentous necrosis' are documented and described. New
    observations relating to the occurrence of initial stages and
    progression of the disease are reported, and potential cause(s) are
    examined. In direct contrast to earlier published findings,
    temperature data indicated that occurrence of early bleached stages
    of atramentous necrosis is not correlated with warmer water
    temperatures; however, the relationship between temperature and
    disease prevalence is still unclear.

--
Cheryl Woodley, Ph.D.
Coral Health and Disease Program

DOC/NOAA/NOS/NCCOS
Center for Coastal Environmental Health and Biomolecular Research
Hollings Marine Laboratory
331 Fort Johnson Rd
Charleston, SC 29412
843.762.8862 Phone