panama-taphonomy

James Nebelsick epine01 at uni-tuebingen.de
Mon Jul 10 20:08:19 EDT 1995

I am organizing a symposium for the forthcoming 8th International Coral
Reef Symposium in Panama City, Panama, from the 24-29th of June 1996. The
symposium is entitled "Taphonomy of past and present reef organisms" and
I hope to include a wide range of current investigations concerning different
taphonomic aspects of both past and present reef environments.
While I have had some response from geologist or palaeontolgist working
on recent reefs, it would be nice to have hear from biologist
working on, for example, incrustation, predation, bioerosion, or any other
aspects of taphonomy affecting organisms related to the reef environment.
Investigations from geologist on fossil reefs are also welcome.
If you are interested please contact me.
Yours Sincerely,
James Nebelsick

Dr. James Nebelsick
Institute and Museum of Geology