The Coral Reef Society, Poland

Coral Health and Monitoring Program coral at coral.AOML.ERL.GOV
Sun Jul 16 17:02:46 EDT 1995

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 1995 10:19:18 -6000
From: Slawomir Kosielinski <kosiel at atm.com.pl>

To whom it may concern

It is my big pleasure to announce that a Coral Reef Society, a non profit
organisation, was founded in Warsaw, Poland, in the beginning of 1995. Its
members are mainly biologist, but all who love to explore underwater
beauty and riches are welcome.

The main aim of the Society is:
*  to acquire and widen knowledge about coral reefs
*  to organise expeditions to coral reefs
*  to share knowledge concerning underwater life
*  to stand up for clean environment, particularly in coral reefs area
*  to co-operate with similar organisations.

We have organised two expeditions to the Red Sea's reefs so far. During
these expeditions 30 scuba-divers spent 150 hours under water. About 6000
photos were made and about 250 kilograms of coral pieces and shells were
collected from the beaches Eastern Egypt.  Later, the members of Coral
Reef Society had more then 50 lectures concerning reef biology in
high-shools and universities. All collected material was given away to 63
schools.

Here is the board of our organisation:

1. Grzegorz Soszka
     President
     malakology

2.  Pawel Szewczak
     wice President
     nature, botany, marin and reef aquaristic

3.  Pawel Szpygiel
     Secretary
     biology, underwater photography

So if you are excited or just interested in coral reefs wonders, please
contact us immediately:

Pawel Szewczak
Darwina Str. 8/122
03-484 Warsaw