SEAKEYS Automated Monitoring System

John Ogden jogden at seas.marine.usf.edu
Tue May 23 13:52:46 EDT 1995

Many of you will receive from me a detailed explanation of the situation
with regard to the SEAKEYS/NDBC Automated Monitoring system in the Keys.  The
FIO has hit the wall on funding and unless new sources are identified
soon, we will be forced to close the Sand Key and Long Key stations and,
more importantly, let our staff at the Key Marine Laboratory who maintain
the stations go.  I will be in contact with you early next month.  In the
meantime, if any of you has any good ideas, we would like to hear them.

Cheers.

John C. Ogden        Director        Phone:  813/893-9100
Florida Institute of Oceanography    Fax:    813/893-9109
830 First Street South               St. Petersburg, Florida 33701