N Coral database & travel funds

Andre Uychiaoco andreu at msi.upd.edu.ph
Thu Nov 9 19:13:29 EST 1995

Hi, we are going to start a coral database server (initially for the
Philippines only) and want to make the data available to the world
wide web community by search engine (e.g.    something similar to online bib-
liographic software)...the data are summaries of benthic cover and
reef fish abundance.  Could anyone give us hints on how to start
making these available  ?  That is, what software we should be looking
for.  Offhand, we think dBase for UNIX seems to be a likely starting
place.
grants for graduate students from developing countries to get to the
coral reef symposium in Panama?  (That is, aside from funding availa-
ble from the symposium organizers themselves.)
Please send comments to andreu at u msi.upd.edu.ph