Coral slide show

CoralReefA at aol.com CoralReefA at aol.com
Thu Nov 16 15:58:36 EST 1995

To the coral-list,

Do you have slides of coral reefs that could be used in an national
educational slide show?  If so, please read on . . .

I am writing to you from CORAL- The Coral Reef Alliance, a non-profit
organization dedicated to coral reef conservation around the world.  We are
currently in the process of putting together an educational slide show and
video on coral reefs that will be displayed at clubs, schools and other
gatherings as a way to expand the public's understanding and appreciation of
coral reefs.  The slide show will be packaged in a presentation kit, complete
with background materials, so that divers, teachers and other interested
individuals will be able to make a presentation without any previous training
in marine biology or special knowledge of coral reefs.

We need slides of:
healthy coral reefs, damaged reefs, bleached reefs, images of damage being
done to reefs (mining, dynamite fishing etc.), aerial photographs of reef
areas (especially where you can see processes such as siltation occurring)
and other reef-related images.  As the theme of the show is "The Underwater
Rainbow," images of rainbows (especially over tropical waters) would be
especially welcome.

This is a great opportunity to have your slides shown nationally to a wide
audience

Each photographer will receive a photo credit in the show and a certificate
acknowledging his/her contribution.

Please send your slides ASAP.  The final deadline for slide submissions is
December 22, 1995.  We can use originals or high quality duplicates.  If you
would like your slides returned, include a self-addressed stamped envelope.
 If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call me at (510)
528-2492, or send email to CoralReefA at aol.com.

Thank you for your assistance with this important project. I hope to hear
from you soon.

Stephen Colwell
CORAL Executive Director
CoralReefA at aol.com