Fellowship available

DAPHNE G. FAUTIN fautin at kuhub.cc.ukans.edu
Mon Oct 30 15:49:05 EST 1995

I am offering a Fellowship under the US National Science Foundation
Partnership to Enhance Expertise in Taxonomy (PEET) to support an
enthusiastic, bright student interested in earning the Ph.D. degree in
modern systematics at the University of Kansas.  KU is internationally
known for its Natural History Museum and associated graduate program in
systematics and evolutionary studies.
	The project: Taxonomic revision and phylogeny of the
north-temperate sea anemones of the genus *Urticina* (=*Tealia*) using a
combination of conventional and modern techniques, including field and
laboratory studies.
	Timing: To begin preferably by 1 June 1996; financial support
will continue for as much as 4.5 years, pending satisfactory progress and
continued funding from NSF.
	Financial: Following PEET guidelines, the graduate student will
be supported through Research, Curatorial, and Teaching Assistantships;
tuition costs will be covered by the grant.
	Qualifications: Must have a strong interest in systematics and a
willingness to learn about sea anemones.  Must be admitted to the
graduate program of the Department of Systematics and Ecology, University
of Kansas.  There are no citizenship requirements; non-Americans are
encouraged to apply.
	Inquiries: I will respond to specific queries made by e-mail,
fax, post, or telephone.  For information on KU (the department or
graduate school), please communicate in writing.  A person interested in
applying for the Fellowship should send me a letter of interest, a
curriculum vitae, a transcript (unofficial is OK), and names and contact
information for at least three references.  The application deadline for
summer term is in February or March; I shall begin considering candidates
in January.

Dr. Daphne G. Fautin
Professor, Systematics & Ecology; Professor, Entomology
Curator, KU Natural History Museum

Division of Biological Sciences
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045