crown-of-thorns (fwd)

Coral Health and Monitoring Program coral at coral.AOML.ERL.GOV
Tue Oct 31 14:27:58 EST 1995

Forwarded message from Aaron Trager Gach:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 1995 16:49:42 -0800 (PST)
From: Aaron Trager Gach <spook at uclink2.berkeley.edu>
To: coral at coral
Subject: crown-of-thorns

I am hoping that somebody on your end of things might be able to help me
with a little research project.  I am investigating human-induced causes
for the crown-of-thorns starfish outbreaks on the Great Barrier Reef.  I
am particularly interested in predator removal, clear-cut logging/
terrestrial runoff, blasting/dredging, and/or overfishing.  I'd
appreciate any info or any leads you might have.  Thanks - Aaron Gach