Info re. the Great Down Under

Ursula Keuper-Bennett howzit at io.org
Mon Sep 25 20:25:36 EDT 1995

I spent all day yesterday net surfing.  I stumbled upon the ERIN server in
Australia and buzzed the files there.  I read as many files as I could
before my back gave out.

What got me especially interested was algae blooms in Australia.  Two sites
are of special interest to me and like before I wish information on the
water quality of these two areas.

>From the Net files, the two areas of worst eutrophication/algae are

Peel-Harvey system

Cockburn Sound

I am looking for people who can give me info on these two areas.  And yes, I
am willing to make phone calls to Australia.  (It would be a first for me)
I suspect with algae blooms that any corals in these two areas are goners.

What I am also suspecting is these two areas are prime candidates for sick
turtles.  If anyone reading this knows of others sub-tropical, tropical
areas experiencing algae blooms/eutrophication, I would VERY like to know
about it.

Turtle people and coral people have VERY much in common.  We BOTH need the
oceans to be clean.  Thanks.

                      ^                  Ursula Keuper-Bennett
                     0 0                 Mississauga, Ontario
            /V^\     I I    /^V\         Email: howzit at io.org
          /V     Turtle Trax    V\
        /V      Forever Green     V\     http://www.io.org/~bunrab