Bleaching information (fwd)

Coral Health and Monitoring Program coral at aoml.noaa.gov
Mon Aug 5 08:25:27 EDT 1996

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 1996 15:02:03 +0500 (GMT)
From: Posg. Biol. arina - Unal/Invemar <pbiomar at santamarta.cetcol.net.co>
To: hendee at aoml.noaa.gov
Subject: Bleaching information

Santa Marta, August 2nd of 1996

Dear Doctor,

In the last months of 1995 a coral-bleaching event was detected along the
Caribbean region. We have monitored the extension of this phenomenon in
the Santa Marta area, and the recovery of some of the affected colonies.
We found an interesting relation between the event and the high in situ
temperatures. We are interested in obtaining information about  this
phenomenon in your area in terms of date of the beggining, affected
species, percent of coral cover affected, recovery of colonies, and
possibly associated factors.  Any information will be welcome at this adress:

Gabriel R. Navas S.
Universidad Nacional de Colombia-INVEMAR
Punta de Betin
Apartado Aereo 1016
Santa Marta
Colombia