Fishery for Marine Ornamental Tropical Fishes

Jonathan Shenker shenker at winnie.fit.edu
Mon Dec 2 08:02:52 EST 1996

I've been trying, without much success, to find current information about
the commercial fishery for marine fishes for the aquarium trade.  I'm
particularly interested in the techniques used by fisheries around the
world, the impacts of fishing on reef ecosystems, the magnitude of the
fisheries in different locations, and their economic values.

Any information would be appreciated.  Please reply directly to me rather
than the net.

Thanks.

Jon Shenker
Florida Institute of Technology