Coral reefs/dissertation

J.M.H.NEIGHBOUR J.M.H.Neighbour at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Feb 6 18:48:56 EST 1996

I am currently undertaking a 3rd year dissertation on the effects of
heavy metals on  corals, in particular in the vicinity of a
tin smelter effluent in Ko Phuket, Thailand. The
species I am concerned with is Goniastrea aspera, and I would be
extremely grateful if you
could forward any information on either the region(in particular
historical data of  sediment heavy metal analysis), or on the species itself,
(reproduction/ heavy metal uptake/growth etc.).
Any help would be very well appreciated.