Looking for information

Nicole Dettmann nd71 at columbia.edu
Thu Feb 15 23:16:53 EST 1996

To all interested parties:

	I am an undergraduate student in Environmental Science at Barnard
College of Columbia University. I have a great interest in the preservation of
coral reefs and am currently writing my thesis on Mexican environmental
law and protection schemes.  I am taking an in depth look and the content
and efficacy of environmental law and its affect on  coral reefs in
Mexico.
	I am very interested in the recent development project at Paradise
Reef on the Caribbean coastal island of Cozumel.  A new cruise ship
dock/pier  is being built and threatens to destroy a major part of
Paradise Reef. This is an interesting example of how Environmental law in Mexico
 is not being enforced.  Any information, contacts or sugesstions pertaining to my
thesis (especially the new pier development) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Nicole L. Dettmann
Box 142 McIntosh
3001 Broadway