Middle Eastern NGOs

GreenLife Society pcis at igc.apc.org
Sat Jul 13 21:36:04 EDT 1996

We are interested in establishing a relationship with NGOs or academic
institutions in the Middle East for the purpose of drafting educational
materials related to the importance of coral reef ecosystems in the Middle
East and means to protect these resources.  It is envisioned that said
materials would be distributed to tourists, divers, members of the aquarium
industry and others who may have an adverse impact on reefs.  In the long
term, we also hope to work with Middle Eastern NGOs and academics on
curriculum materials for schools in the region.

William C. Burns
Director, GreenLife Society - North American Chapter
700 Cragmont Ave.
Berkeley, CA 94708 USA
Phone/Fax: (510) 558-0620
WWW site: http://nceet.snre.umich.edu/greenlife/index.html

GLSNA Affiliations:

Union of Concerned Scientists, Sound Science Initiative
The EarthAction Network
The Galapagos Coalition
Reseau International d'ONG sur la Desertification (RIOD)
Accredited NGO Observer, International Whaling Commission
European Social Science Fisheries Network