COTS

Osha Gray Davidson davidson at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu
Mon Jul 22 13:16:38 EDT 1996

Greetings--I have a question for list-servers who care to step into this old
debate: I've been surveying much of the back-and-forth debate in the
literature on Crown-of-Thorns starfish (Acanthaster Planci), about whether
its spread was due to anthropogenic causes and whether reefs can recover
from A. planci devastation in a relatively short time (i.e., within a decade
or so). Is there any emerging consensus on these questions or are they still
in the "needs more research" category?
        Thanks for any comments.
Osha Gray Davidson
Center for International and Comparative Studies
University of Iowa, USA
davidson at blue.weeg.uiowa.edu