Coral Reef Research in Malaysia

Dr. Steve Oakley soakley at tualang.unimas.my
Thu Jun 6 01:08:29 EDT 1996

        Attn Coral reef or Marine ecosytem researchers

        We have funding for 5 one month expeditions during the next 3 years
to remote unstudied tropical marine ecosystems off the island of Borneo.
These include soft bottoms, coral reefs & mangrove swamps.   We should be
able to provide the resources for most suitable research topics in taxonomy,
ecology, biology, behaviour, resources etc.   If you can provide funds for
yourself  (flights & food mostly),  we would be interested in hearing from you.

  Attn JAPANESE MARINE BIOLOGISTS ONLY

We have full funding for Japanese scientists to take part in the
expeditions.   If you are interested and have any suitable research proposal
we will forward to the Japanese evaluation committee.
Dr Steve Oakley soakley at tualang.unimas.my
Institute of Biodiversity & Environmental Conservation
Universiti Malaysia Sarawak, KotaSamarahan 94300
Fax 082 672275  Tel 082 671000 x 260