Reef Slide

Dr.C.L.McLay CML at zool.canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Jun 24 16:54:29 EDT 1996

    As part of a Marine Biology course I give a lecture on the crown
of thorns starfish. I have a nice slide of a pristine coral reef
(Paradise) and a nice slide of Acanthaster (The Bad Guy) but I don't
have a slide showing devastation of the reef. I wonder if someone has
such a slide, perhaps showing Acanthaster in the midst of its
destruction? If you have a suitable slide, I'd very much appreciate a
copy. Perhaps I can exchange it for a slide of some New Zealand
marine animal - let me know.

Dr Colin McLay
Zoology Department
Canterbury University