Sibling Coral Species

Laurie.Ferns at forestry.tas.gov.au Laurie.Ferns at forestry.tas.gov.au
Thu May 30 18:27:52 EDT 1996

     I am aware of a PHD researcher at James Cook University (Australia)
     who was/is studying the 'species status' of Platygyra sinensis.

     From what I can gather from coffee table conversation is that P.
     sinensis may be complex consisting of five separate species. This work
     has apparently involved genetic studies.

     My advice is to contact the University through Dr John Collins at the
     following email: john.collins at jcu.edu.au
     Dr Collins should be able to give you a contact.

     Regards

        Laurie Ferns
        Conservation Officer
        Geographic Information Systems Unit
        Forestry Tasmania

        199 Macquarie Street, Hobart, Tasmania 7000, Australia
        Telephone (002) 338197     Fax (002) 338252
                Email l.ferns at forestry.tas.gov.au