Giant Clams

Basil Reyes basil at i-manila.com.ph
Wed Nov 20 15:16:09 EST 1996

Hi! I'm Ly-ann and I am doing my masteral thesis on the reproduction of
giant clams at the Marine Science Inst. of the University of the Phils.
This study is aimed to check on the effects of dissolved inorganic nitrogen
and live algae on the reproductive development of giant clams.

I would just like to ask for some references that deal with the the use of
protein, carbohydrates and lipid concentrations in relation to the stage of
gonad development, in particular on bivalves.

I used Tetraselmis sp. as the live algal supplement, so, if there are
papers around on its nutritional value, I would appreciate a copy.