Coral Bleaching

Mohan, Pete Pete.Mohan at anheuser-busch.com
Fri Oct 11 09:27:39 EDT 1996

I'm successfully propagating various stony corals for use in our reef
exhibits.   I'm getting ready to start up a greenhouse system and am
interested in avoiding a bleaching event due to elevated temperatures.
Anecdotal reports of maximum acceptable temperatures vary considerably.
I normally avoid temperatures above 26 C, but believe I'm acting
conservatively.

I'd appreciate receiving actual observed critical temperatures from
various parts of the world.

Sincerely,
Pete Mohan
Curator of Fishes
Sea World of Ohio
1100 Sea World Dr.
Aurora, OH 44202
Voice:  (216) 995-2158
Fax:  (216) 995-2117
Internet:  Pete.Mohan at Anheuser-Busch.com