Great Barrier Reef contacts

Mary Roche roche at oj.rsmas.miami.edu
Tue Sep 3 14:17:02 EDT 1996

I had the great opportunity to dive the GBR 13 times last Septmber. I had a
great time and saw incredible diversity among the corals. Their size was
tremendous and state of health seemed very good with minimal bleaching.
Mortality was extremely minimal, at least in the area where I was. The dive
operator was Pro Dive in Cairns, Queensland where I found the staff to be
very professional and conscientious. They cater to the experienced "scuba"
diver as opposed to most of the operators who cater to the tourists and snorklers
with little or no diving (let alone snorkling) experience at all. I
recommend them highly. I hope this helps.
Regards,
Mary Roche
UM/RSMAS