Coral harvest for bone restoration

Bruce Carlson carlson at soest.hawaii.edu
Wed Sep 18 23:03:00 EDT 1996

John,

Can't add much insight to help answer your question, except that Goniopora
and, I think, Porites are both used for bone grafts.  But I want to add
that I would be interested in receiving the same information.  Most corals
are fairly easy to cultivate in captivity and if there is a demand the
Waikiki Aquarium (and other "coral farmers") might be able to provide
cultured material.

Bruce Carlson
Waikiki Aquarium