Growth rates of Atlantic Gorgonians

Anne Cohen acohen at whoi.edu
Tue Aug 5 10:13:45 EDT 1997

Hello-

Since my request for info about growth rates of Atlantic gorgonians, a
number of you have asked me to share what I find. There doesn't seem to
be much out there, but the following two refs were most useful:

Yoshioka, P.M. and Yoshioka, B.B. 1991.  A comparison of the
survivorship and growth of shallow-water gorgonian species of Puerto
Rico. Mar. Ecol. Prog. Ser. 69:253-260
Sterrer, Wolfgang. 1986. Marine flora and fauna of Bermuda.  Wiley,
Interscience

Also, Don McAllister drew my attention to a "Bibliography of
Octocorallia from Pliny to Present" on
gopher://nmnhgoph.si.edu:70/00/.docs/octobib/about

thanks for your help
Anne

Dr Anne L. Cohen
Dept. Geology and Geophysics