Returned mail: Host unknown (fwd)

Prof Alan E Strong strong at nadn.navy.mil
Fri Aug 8 19:03:40 EDT 1997

Hector,
As has been reported from Flordia and now the region off the Sea of
Cortez...bleaching from high SSTs.  Tuesday we had noted from the HotSpot
product, being produced experimentally by NOAA/NESDIS from satellite data,
exceptionally high sea surface temperatures...possibly being augmented by
the incredible El Nino in the eastern tropical Pacific...might be causing
some bleaching along the Mexican coast near Baja, etc.

You can link to the site [at home, so do not have Hotspot URL committed to
memory...yet!..sorry:

http://wesley.wwb.noaa.gov/eileen/orad/const1.html

thru "experimental Products" and "coral reefs" to the "New Coral
Reef Hotspot" product.

Let us know if the areas affected coincide with the yellow/orange regions
depicted on this week's chart...updates on Tuesday/Saturday.

Thanks,
Al Strong

**** <>< ******* <>< ******* <>< ******* <>< ******* <>< ******* <>< *****
				Alan E. Strong
Phys Scientist/Oceanographer			  Adj Assoc Professor
  NOAA/NESDIS/ORA/ORAD -- E/RA3			    US Naval Academy
  NOAA Science Center -- RM 711H		    Oceanography Department
 -- US Postal Service --  -- UPS/FedEx --           Annapolis, MD 21402
 4700 Silver Hill Road    5200 Auth Road              410-293-6566[V-mail]
 Stop 9910		  Camp Springs, MD 20746      410-293-2137 [FAX]
 Washington, DC 20233-9910			     strong at nadn.navy.mil
		Alan.E.Strong at noaa.gov
	301-763-8102	FAX: 301-763-8108