CO2 and coral bleaching: clarification

Jean-Pierre Gattuso gattuso at unice.fr
Thu Dec 4 05:11:11 EST 1997

Hi Coral-listers:

I would like to clarify the background about a recent message posted on
coral-list.

Martin Pecheux has a slow internet access and asked me to post a document
regarding coral bleaching on his behalf. I did so but forgot to properly
configure Eudora and my signature file appeared at the end of his message.

For the record, I do not endorse Martin's hypothesis on the role of
increased pCO2 as a natural bleaching agent. In fact, I have serious
reservations about his ideas and experiments. However, I am a believer of
the freedom of speech and broadcasted his message as he requested.

JPG