Standardised Methods For Underwater Censuses

Cassian Edwards bt3171 at qmw.ac.uk
Mon Feb 3 13:54:16 EST 1997

Hello all,

I wonder if someone can tell me whether there is any standardisation in the
methods used to assess both fish and algal abundance on coral reefs.
Considering it is the International Year of the Reef, I wondered if there is
a general consensus among tropical marine biologists as to methods used in
the quantification of these parameters.

Please reply to my email rather than the list. If anyone is interested in
the replies I receive then let me know and I will forward messages - that is
if I get any at all!!

Thankyou.

Cassian Edwards.

* Cassian Edwards,                                       *
* School of Biological Sciences,                         *
* Queen Mary and Westfield College (London University),  *
* Mile End Road,                                         *
* E1 4NS,                                                *
* England.                                               *
* email: c.edwards at qmw.ac.uk                             *