No subject

Dan Shapiro dfs7 at cornell.edu
Mon Feb 24 12:56:19 EST 1997

COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT: TROPICAL MARINE SCIENCE (Cornell University and Shoals
Marine Laboratory)

This summer we will take 12 students to Akumal, a small resort town located
on the Caribbean coast of Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula.  Students will study
basic coral reef ecology and conservation, learn to identify local hard and
soft coral species, collect data for the Akumal Coral Reef Monitoring
Project, and design and implement independent research projects.  The
course is designed for self-motivated undergraduate students interested in
learning about basic coral reef ecology, conservation, and research.

Credits: 8 Semester Credits (Cornell University)

Course dates: June 7th - August 3rd

Prerequisites: Recognized SCUBA certification, a medical examination, one
full year of college level biology, permission of instructor (Dr. Dan
Shapiro).

Deadline: All applications received by April 4th will be considered.  After
this date, applications will be considered only if there are still spaces
available.

For more information, see our web page at:
http://www.sml.cornell.edu/Shoals/courses/akumal.htmlcontact

or contact either:

Shoals Marine Laboratory
Cornell University