Suntan lotion

Susannah.Hirsh at wcmc.org.uk Susannah.Hirsh at wcmc.org.uk
Wed Jul 16 14:09:24 EDT 1997

Dear list members,

I recently received an interesting enquiry, as to whether it's possible that
suntan lotion could leach from snorkellers' skin and have any detrimental
effect on the surrounding coral.  I would be very interested to know if
anyone has done any research in this field, or knows of any related papers.

Thank you for your time.  Could you please reply to me directly.
Susannah

Co-ordinator IYOR-UK
Susannah Hirsh,                         Tel +44 (0) 223 277314
World Conservation Monitoring Centre    Fax +44 (0) 223 277136
219 Huntingdon Road,          Email: Susannah.Hirsh at wcmc.org.uk
CAMBRIGDE, CB3 0DL, U.K.  WWW:http://www.wcmc.org.uk/marine/data/