coral extracts

Lisanne Aerts laerts at nioz.nl
Fri Jul 25 00:12:27 EDT 1997

Hello,

A few days ago my promotor R. Bak gave me a print of an abstract
dealing with a coral extract research. Unfortunately there was no
name, date or other references attached to it.

A more specific description:

"Aqueous extracts were made from the hermatypic corals Fungia
fungites, Goniopora tenuidens, Goniastrea favulus, Platygyra
daedalea, Favia matthai and Pavona decussata. Extracts were assayed
against three life stages of hermatypic corals namely adults, single
polyp juveniles (spat) and larvae. They were also assayed against the
larvae of a polychaete, decapod, echinoid and an ascidian."

Because this field of research has my interest I wanted to know who
has been working with these coral extracts and if there is a
publication of this research. So if anyone knows something more....
Thanks.

Lisanne Aerts.

Lisanne Aerts  (laerts at nioz.nl)
Netherlands Institute for sea research (NIOZ)
P.O. Box 59
1790 AB Den Burg, Texel, The Netherlands.
tel. ( )31-222-369573
fax. ( )31-222-319674