Madagascar Reefs

David Bruce Gunnersen dbg2 at ukc.ac.uk
Wed Jul 30 21:11:02 EDT 1997

Hello Coral List subscribers.

Does anyone know of the most up to date reports as to the extent,
quality and threats to the coral reefs around the coast of Madagascar?

I am interested in establishing what are the best reef areas in terms of
coral health, lack of damage, biodiversity and opportunities for
eco-tourism development.

Any references or contacts would be appreciated.

I did have a contact e-mail for a certain Francois Odendaal, I think from
the university of Cape Towm but have mislaid it. Does anyone know of
him?

David Gunnersen