Marine Airlifts

Ben Richards blrF94 at hampshire.edu
Fri Jun 13 12:53:49 EDT 1997

Dear Colleagues -
	My apologies for any cross posting.

	My advisor and I are wanting to construct an airlift (underwater
vacuum cleaner), such as those used in excavating shipwrecks, for the
purpose of sampling the soft-bottom communities in the Pugett Sound.  Has
anyone out there used such a device?  We would like to construct the
airlift ourselves, so any design pointers you could give would be most
helpful.
	Along the same lines, we are also wishing to construct a "slurp
gun" for "sucking" small fishes and invertebrates from the water column.
Any design pointers on these would be much appreciated as well.  Thanks in
advance.

                                           The Force will be with you, always.
                                                         =-) Ben

Ben Richards
c/o the Ben Richards Distribution Center
7102 Coachwhip Hollow
Austin, TX  78750-8202
USA

brichards at hampshire.edu