cement factory sedimentation

Tim Daw T.M.Daw at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Jun 24 16:44:34 EDT 1997

Good day everyone!

I am writing in search of any information to help with an expedition
which I am have recently joined, going to Eritrea in September and
October of this year. We are looking at anthropogenic impacts to the
reefs around the Port of Massawa and the general health of the
ecosystem.

What I was hoping to learn about is sedimentation effects on corals
from cement factories which is one of the largest impacts in the
area. We are hoping to set sediment traps along gradients but I was
hoping to be able to talk to someone who might have worked with this
before.

We also have sewage outfalls and an oil terminal and any information
or being pointed in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for your time and consideration.

Jo Kynoch & Tim Daw
Tim Daw
Department of Marine Sciences and Coastal Management
University of Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
NE1 7RU
UK