more news from Capitol Hill

Tanya Dobrzynski aoctd at wizard.net
Mon Mar 17 10:36:48 EST 1997

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that Congressman George
Miller (D-CA) introduced another concurrent resolution on coral reefs
aimed at stemming the effects of overfishing and destructive fishing
practices in coral reef areas.

You can obtain a copy of House Resolution 87 from the House Documents
room or the House Resources Committee ( minority staff).  Please
encourage your U.S. Representatives to co-sponsor H. Res. 87.

I'm attaching a press release that AOC did to thank Congressman
Miller for his efforts.  Please pass this on to any press that you
all have contact with or do your own.  Thank you letters to
Congressman Miller would also be great as we'd like the
momentum on coral reefs to continue on Capitol Hill.

Thanks,

Tanya Dobrzynski
American Oceans Campaign
aoctd at wizard.net