Seeking Info on storm damage on coral reefs and corals

Tom Schmidt Tom_Schmidt at nps.gov
Wed Mar 19 14:58:23 EST 1997

     Greetings!

     A recent source on storm damage on South Florida reefs is a paper by
     Lirman & Fong "Sequential storms cause zone specific damage on a reef
     in the northern Florida reef tract; evidence from Hurricane Andrew and
     the 1993 storm of the Century" Florida Scientist 59(1) 50-64, 1996.
     Perhaps some of the references will be more pertinent for your needs.

                                        Tom Schmidt, Marine Biologist
                                        South Florida Natural Resources Center