infinite email loops

Jamie Oliver jamieo at gbrmpa.gov.au
Tue May 20 23:27:45 EDT 1997

To Jim Hendee and members of the list

I discovered on Monday that it was likely that I was (inadvertently) causing the problem with the repeating mail on the list.  I notified the computing section of this and am told that it is now fixed.

The problem was caused when I switched mailers and asked the computing section to forward mail from my previous address. The older mailer behaved in an unanticipated fashion when asked to forward mail, and cause the infinite loop.

Sorry for the problems and annoyance. (I was getting pretty annoyed myself - then discovered I was the problem!)

Jamie Oliver
Great Barrier Reef Marine Park Authority