Call for photographs

Osha Gray Davidson osha at pobox.com
Sun Nov 2 11:05:55 EST 1997

Request for photographs:

For a trade book on coral reefs and associated ecosystem (to be published by
John Wiley & Sons, April 1998) I'm looking for high-quality color
photographs. Unfortunately, I can't offer much for each picture used ($10
US). But if it's any help, photo credits will, of course, appear with each
picture. (Donated pictures are gratefully accepted!)

I still need photos of the following:

* General underwater photo of a coral reef showing the large diversity of
creatures.
* Hard coral (preferably an acroporid) with polyps prominently displayed.
* The "act" of blast fishing itself (as opposed to the results).
* Corals spawning, with gametes prominently shown.
* Bleached corals.
* Series showing sex/color change of female-to-male wrasse (initial to
terminal   phases).
* Clown fish within anemone.
* Batesian mimicry--comet fish (Calloplesiops altivelis) and model moray eel
(Gymnothorax meleagris).
* Magnified coral tentacles showing zoox.
* Crinoids.
* Sea fans.
* Diadema antillarum.
* Blue bell tunicates or similar species (i.e., colorful).
* Butterfly fish with prominent false eye-spot.
* Overhead shot of sediment plume from river.
* Green sea turtle "hatchling frenzy".

Please let me know what you have before sending slides or negatives. All
photos will be returned.

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

Cheers,
Osha

Osha Gray Davidson
14 S. Governor St.
Iowa City, IA 52240
USA

PH: (319) 338-4778
FAX: (319) 338-8606
e-mail: osha at pobox.com
Scholar Associate, International Programs, University of Iowa