Your removal from coral-list.

Coral Health and Monitoring Program coral at aoml.noaa.gov
Fri Oct 17 14:43:22 EDT 1997

Greetings Coral-Listers,

        Occasionally I get messages, which are destined to be sent to you
via coral-list, returned as undeliverable for a variety of reasons.  I
usually wait awhile for the messages to keep on bouncing before I strike
your name from coral-list.  If messages to you continue to bounce for
awhile for whatever reason, I will unfortunately elect to remove you from
the list.  Please don't take it personally!  Just drop me a line and I'll
place you back on.

Common reasons for bounced messages are:

o  Your mailbox is full, and you haven't corrected the situation
	in awhile.

o  You instituted the "vacation" program, and it says you won't be
	back for a hundred years.

o  You changed email addresses and you didn't tell me, or you didn't
	"unsubscribe" then "subscribe" at the new address.

o  The network connection to your domain is continually down, or
	frequently unattainable.

Usually, there is at least one coral-list message every other day, so if
you don't see any messages for several days, it may be that you have been
removed.  If you're not sure, send the following message to
majordomo at coral.aoml.noaa.gov:

	who coral-list

If you're on the list, you should get a list of about 760 members' email
addresses, including yours; if not, you'll get the following message:

**** List 'coral-list' is a private list.
**** Only members of the list can do a 'who'.
**** You aren't a member of list 'coral-list'.

...at which point drop me a line singin' the blues, and I'll put you back
on.

	Cheers,

	Jim Hendee
	coral-list administrator

P.S.  Here's an example partial inbox of recent bounces and informational
tidbits.  (As you can see, I also get some of that wonderful junk email,
too.)

  N  28 Oct 14 Majordomo at aoml.noa    (393) SUBSCRIBE coral-list
  N  29 Oct 14 Majordomo at aoml.noa    (415) SUBSCRIBE coral-list
  N  30 Oct 14 Majordomo at aoml.noa    (428) SUBSCRIBE coral-list
  N  31 Oct 14 Mailer-Daemon at wpg.  (1,042) Message status - undeliverable
  N  32 Oct 14 Adminstrator        (2,470) Mail failure
  N  33 Oct 14 Adminstrator        (2,530) Mail failure
  N  34 Oct 14 bizman97 at tnlb.com   (3,424) True life faith confirming stor
  N  35 Oct 14 Mail Delivery Subs  (3,823) Returned mail: User unknown
  N  36 Oct 15 Mailer-Daemon at wpg.  (1,037) Message status - undeliverable
  N  37 Oct 15 Majordomo at aoml.noa    (433) SUBSCRIBE coral-list
  N  38 Oct 15 Mailer-Daemon at wpg.  (1,068) Message status - undeliverable
  N  39 Oct 15 Mail Delivery Subs  (3,074) Returned mail: User unknown
  N  40 Oct 15 Mailer-Daemon at wpg.  (1,054) Message status - undeliverable
  N  41 Oct 14 Mail Delivery Subs  (2,875) Returned mail: User unknown
  N  42 Oct 15 Mail Delivery Subs  (2,983) Returned mail: User unknown
  N  43 Oct 15 Mail Delivery Subs  (3,283) Returned mail: User unknown