volunteer oportunities

Anya Salih anya at emu.su.oz.au
Wed Sep 10 01:04:08 EDT 1997

Dear coral listers,
I would appreciate any information about volunteer work opportunities in
marine parks, labs or research stations in South or Central America.  This
is a request on behalf of an Australian friend (Roberta Dixon), presently
in Chile and travelling indefinitely around SAmerica.  Her background is in
marine education and conservation, with experience in managing marine
reserves, developing/  implementing marine education and conservation
programs (for the general community, formal education, ethnic communities,
recreational and commercial users of marine reserves), field and lab work.
She is particularly interested in joining teams involved in the collection
of conservation related data or working with fisheries/marine conservation
groups.  I was also asked to inquire about opportunities for volunteer work
related to next year´s Reef Check activities.  I apologise for putting a
personal request on the list.  Please send any replies directly to my
e-mail address and any information, leads, hints, suggestions or advice
would be appreciated.

Anya Salih

Anya Salih                      Internet:  anya at emu.su.oz.au
Marine Physiology Lab           Telephone:02-93513006 (Zool)
Zoology AO8                               02-93517540 (EMU)
School of Biological Sciences   Facsimile:02-93517682
The University of Sydney
Sydney, 2006, AUSTRALIA