Requesting Diploria Growth Rates

HORTA PUGA GUILLERMOJAVIER horta at servidor.unam.mx
Tue Sep 23 11:19:53 EDT 1997

Sorry for your time to read this request.

I performing some studies to evaluate the population structure of the
scleractinian coral Diploria spp. in the Veracruz Reef System (off the
Port of Veracruz in the Gulf of Mexico). As long as I know there are two
articles that recorded growth rates for Diploria spp. (Logan and
Tomascik, 1991. Extension growth rates in two coral species from
high-latitude reefs of Bermuda. Coral Reefs 10:155-160. And Shen, Boyle
and Lea, 1987. Cadmium in corals as atracer of upwelling and industrial
fallout. Nature 328:794-796.).

The questions are: Do You know some other information about Diploria
growth rates or population studies?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Please answer directly to me.

Guillermo Horta-Puga

Mailing Address:
INVEMAR, UBIPRO, Iztacala
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico
AP 314, Tlalnepantla, Mexico 54000

Voice: +52(5)6231219  Fax: +52(5)6231212, 3905900
E-mail: horta at servidor.unam.mx