Coral conservation

Stephanie Bailenson Stephanie_Bailenson at commerce.senate.gov
Tue Feb 10 16:03:24 EST 1998

     Greetings.  I am a Sea Grant Fellow working in the office of the
     Senate Subcommittee on Oceans and Fisheries.  We are currently
     reviewing a bill that passed through the House that targets coral reef
     conservation.  I am writing to invite you to submit to me your
     questions, comments, or concerns to assist us as we go through the
     markup and amendment process.  Let me know what is good, bad, or
     missing.  You can access the text  of the bill (H.R. 2233) directly at

     http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d105:18:./temp/~bds81k::|bss/d
     105query.html|

     I know it is long but it will take you directly to the bill.  You can
     also access legislative history via www.congress.gov and inputting
     HR2233 in the quick search box.

     I am particularly interested in comments regarding the definition of a
     coral reef in Section 3, part 2.

     You can reply directly to me at
     <stephanie_bailenson at commerce.senate.gov>

     Thank you,