shrimp pond wastes

D.R. Browne browndr at mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Tue Jul 21 12:37:41 EDT 1998

I am having difficulty tracking down wastewater treatment methods and
technologies for the treatment of shrimp pond effluent and wastes.  In
particular we are interested in methods to degrade/treate chitin wastes
and were wondering if a fermentation process was possible.  This is with
respect to coastal tambaks in Indonesia.

Any information or references would be greatly appreciated.

David.

David R. Browne				tel. 905-525-9140 x24513
School of Geography and Geology		fax  905-522-3141
McMaster University 			email: browndr at mcmaster.ca
Hamilton, Ontario L8S 4M1