Reefs At Risk

Pam Muller pmuller at seas.marine.usf.edu
Wed Jun 24 12:45:44 EDT 1998

Re: Jack Sobel's specific questions:

Please see page 51 of the "Reefs at Risk" report: "Comments on the Reefs
at Risk Indicator"

Items 1 and 2 under Tropical Americas specifically deal with the
potential underestimate of the threat classification for the
Florida Keys and the overestimate for the reefs off southern Belize.

Threats to Florida Keys reefs are also discussed on page 32 in
the section "Twelve Reefs at Risk".

Pamela Hallock Muller
Department of Marine Science
University of South Florida
140 Seventh Avenue South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701 USA
pmuller at marine.usf.edu
Phone: 813-553-1567
FAX: 813-553-1189

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what
nobody has thought."  - Albert Szent-Gyorgyi -