Water quality analysis

ccc at coralcay.demon.co.uk ccc at coralcay.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 18 06:05:44 EDT 1998

Dear Coral listers,

During our coral reef conservation project in East Kalimantan in
early 1998 we took water samples from reefs in our project area North
of Balikpapan and had them analysed for a quite large range of
parameters: Dissolved oxygen, Salinity, Total Carbon, Total Inorganic
Carbon, pH value, Conductivity, Nitrate, Sulphate, Phosphate,
Alkalinity, Water Hardness, Total Dissolved Solids, Total Suspended
Solids, Metals: Mg, K, Na, Ca, Fe, Co, Pb, Ni, As, Cd, and Hg.

We are now in the process of analysing these data.  I have been
through the primary literature to find a similar data set in the
region (Indonesia but preferrably East Borneo) to use as comparative
data, but with no great success.  Does anyone have such a dataset in
grey literature or knows contacts I could approach?

Thanks a lot.

Maria Beger
Assistant Science Co-ordinator
--
Coral Cay Conservation Ltd.  154 Clapham Park Road, London, SW4 7DE, UK.
Tel: +44 (0)171 498 6248         Fax: +44 (0)171 498 8447