coral-list

Carol Fretwell fretwelc at nsu.acast.nova.edu
Tue Aug 10 12:38:15 EDT 1999

coral list On Behalf Of Noah, Michael

Add $0.02 more and make it $0.04!

We can all empathize with Bob's motivation -- there's just such a volume
of incoming email some days that ANY way to reduce it sounds appealing(!)
--- however, I completely concur with Michael Noah's assessment of the
situation and proposed solution.

In my view, a previous "discussion" elicited much information and helped
to clear up various misconceptions that could easily have been erroneously
passed on as fact.  That would have only served to further distance
members of the global coral reef community.

Let's continue to bring researchers with coral reef knowledge, issues, and
questions together via real time so progress can be made more quickly,
with fewer detours caused by incomplete knowledge or understanding.

There is such a host of fields associated with coral reefs, most people
can pick and choose what appeals/applies to them, especially if we take
Michael's idea one step further.

In addition to maintaining the same subject field in a response chain,
perhaps the initiator could add to the success of Michael's plan by
ensuring that the subject line used is a true indicator of the subject,
perhaps using our old standby key words with appropriate modifiers.  Any
way, that's my $0.02.

Best to all,

Carol R. Fretwell

***PLEASE NOTE NEW PHONE AND FAX NUMBERS***

Carol R. Fretwell
Coordinator, Administrative Operations
National Coral Reef Institute
NSU Oceanographic Center
8000 N. Ocean Drive
Dania Beach, FL  33004  USA
1-954-262-3617 (voice);  1-954-262-4027 (fax)
fretwelc at ocean.nova.edu

NOTICE:
CONFERENCE SUMMARY of the
International Conference on
SCIENTIFIC ASPECTS OF CORAL REEF ASSESSMENT, MONITORING, AND RESTORATION
National Coral Reef Institute (NCRI)
April 14-16, 1999, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
can be found at
http://www.nova.edu/ocean/ncri/conf99.html

NOTICE:  9TH INTERNATIONAL CORAL REEF CONFERENCE
Bali, 2000
http://www.nova.edu/ocean/9icrs/