coral-list

C. W. Wright (1698) wright at osb1.wff.nasa.gov
Wed Aug 11 07:44:22 EDT 1999

A list moderator could easily "clean up" the coral list.  I operate a
system with several majordomo lists that each have approximately 1000
subscribers.  Some are moderated sone are not.  The moderator is a
volunteer member of the list, and all posts to the list simply go to him
first.  He reviews them, edits "flames", spam, irrelevant material, and
generally filters what finally gets distributed to list members.  The list
I'm thinking of (canard-aviators at canard.com) has abt 900 members and 10 to
15 messages per day.  It takes the moderators abt an hour each day to take
care of the list.  The moderation task can be divided between several
people and it's easy to setup (at least for majordomo lists).

The coral list value would be enhanced significantly by appointing one or
more moderators.

The problem of repeatedly answering the same questions can be addressed by
someone reviewing an archive of the list and isolating the repeatd
questions/answers and creating a web page of FAQs (Frequently Asked
Questions) and their answers.  A link to that web page would then be added
to the bottom of every message posted to the list, so people could quickly
and easily access it.

Best regards,
C W Wright

--<<< We are committed to exceeding requirements >>>----->-+
C.W. Wright,wright at osb.wff.nasa.gov,        Ph:757-824-1698
http://lidar.wff.nasa.gov                  Fax:603-925-6886
NASA, Goddard Space Flight Center
Building N-159 Room E117, Code 972,Wallops Flight Facility
Wallops Island, Va. 23337