Job at FMRI
PATTERSON_M at epic7.dep.state.fl.us
Fri Feb 5 14:53:09 EST 1999
Concerning Walt Jaap's recent posting of a job at FMRI, please
also read this, if you are interested in the position. It has
some necessary legalese and important descriptions.
FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION
FLORIDA MARINE RESEARCH INSTITUTE
100 8th Ave S.E.
St. Petersburg, FL 33701-5095.
POSITION: (OPS) TECHNICAL STAFF, $8.00 PER HOUR-NO BENEFITS
APPLY TO: Emergency response technical assistant
FAX #: 727-893-1270
CLOSING DATE: February 10, 1999, 5:00 p.m.
Fax resume and the names and phone numbers of two references by the
JOB DESCRIPTION: asist research staff in emergency and normal field
(Overtime is paid for work hours over 40 in a week week (Friday to
Thursday) and approved travel expenses are reimbursed after the event.)
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: 1. Ability to work in the field under demanding
physical conditions and work well with others in stressful circumstances.
2. Ability to perform at the scientific diver lev
3. Skill in the operation and primary maintenance of air filling stations
(compressor, cascade cylinders).
4. Experience in the use of underwater video equipment: setup, testing,
operating, maintenance, and editing to include copying tapes and frame
grabbing images for computer files.
5. Scuba equipment maintenance.
6. Possession of Small Boat Safety Class certification and skill in the
operation and maintenance of small boat s
7. Experience in underwater 35 mm photography to include setup, testing,
operating, and maintenance.
8. Experience with Personal Computer systems and software including MS
Word, spread sheets (Quatro Pro, Excel), image processing software, and
the ability to use e-mail.
9. Skill in underwater survey techniques to include quadrats, transects,
10. Experience with lift bags, epoxy applicators, hydraulic and pneumatic
tools, compass, surface supplied diving gear, dry suits, taking
measurements (distance and bearings) of distinct features.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY /AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER FEDERAL LAW REQUIRES
THAT WE HIRE ONLY U.S. CITIZENS AND LAWFULLY AUTHROIZED ALIENS WHO CAN
PROVIDE PROOF OF THEIR IDENTITY AND EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY.
More information about the Coral-list-old