Postdoctoral Postion

Robert G. Rowan rrowan at uog9.uog.edu
Wed Feb 17 22:49:39 EST 1999

Postdoctoral position available to study zooxanthella symbioses at the
University of Guam Marine Laboratory, immediately.  The research  involves
field work, experiments in the field and in aquaria, and laboratory work
in the areas of physiology and molecular biology, mostly with corals.
Examples of current research interests appear in Nature 388:265-269 (1997)
and in The Plant Cell 8:539-553 (1996); see also J. Phycology 34:407-417
(1998).  I'm looking for a person who would like to participate in these
kinds of research.  The work will require laboratory skills (e.g., cell
biology, physiology, biochemistry, or molecular biology; not necessarily
from studies on corals), good field skills (diving), and an ability to
work independently.  Excellent (for a tropical marine laboratory)
facilities are available.  If interested, please send me a c.v., a BRIEF
description of your research experience and professional goals, and
contact information for at least three personal references.  Preferably,
send these by email.

Rob Rowan
UOG Marine Laboratory
Mangilao, Guam 96923 USA