reef fish ectoparasites

Mireille Guillaume guillaum at cimrs1.mnhn.fr
Wed Jan 6 10:12:09 EST 1999

Dear collegues,

During our tagging program of parrotfishes in the sourthern Red Sea
(Massawa, Eritrea), we recently found some scarid species infested with
large isopod ectoparasites. We would like to have these parasites
identified by  an expert, but do not know whom to contact.
Is there anyone out there who could identify these isopods, or else,
suggest me a taxonomist who would have time to have a close look at these
fish parasites.

Many thanks in advance for your reactions.
Sincerely, Henrich

Please reply to:
Henrich Bruggemann
Email: henrich at eol.com.er

or:
Mireille Guillaume

Dr. Mireille GUILLAUME
Curator of the Stony Coral Collection

Muséum National d'Histoire Naturelle
Laboratoire de Biologie des Invertébrés marins et Malacologie
55 rue Buffon
75005 Paris FRANCE

Tel : 00 33 (0)1 40 79 30 90
Fax : 00 33 (0)1 40 79 30 89