Coral-care reference request

Bruce Carlson carlson at soest.hawaii.edu
Fri Jan 22 00:36:55 EST 1999

Delbeek, J.C., and J. Sprung.  1997.  The Reef Aquarium, Vol. 1.  Ricordia
  Publishing, Inc., Coconut Grove, Florida.

General quick guidelines:  ph, calcium and alkalinity must be strictly
monitored and maintained; "proper" lighting is critical; "adequate" water
motion is also critical for many species.  These factors are often
neglected by new aquarists when in fact they should be foremost.  Then
there is temperature, salinity, nutrients, pathogens, predators, and a
variety of other factors to track.

Bruce Carlson
Waikiki Aquarium